When Do You Need To Think About Creating Wills And Trusts?
Are you married with children? Are you thinking of starting a family? Do you have stepchildren from a second or subsequent marriage? Have you thought about what would happen to your loved ones should you pass away unexpectedly?
This is not an easy thing to discuss for most people. They think that they do not have the assets necessary for estate planning. Do not let yourself fall into a similar trap. You need to protect your family and your assets by creating a comprehensive estate plan to ensure that your final wishes can be carried out effectively and efficiently.
At Castle Law, our estate planning attorneys Theresa Dollinger and Edward Jarot will assist you in helping you create an estate plan that meets your specific needs. We will draft any trusts and wills, as well as any other documents that may be necessary to help you pass along your assets to your loved ones.
How We Help You Protect Your Family
Your situation is unique, and we take the time to understand your concerns. We discuss all of the options available to you, including:
- Drafting a will and trust as part of a new estate plan
- Creating special needs trusts to ensure that loved ones are provided for in the future
- Discussing the planning options available in the event you are unable to make financial or health care decisions on your own
- Modifying an existing estate plan that you may already have in place
- Administering a trust or assisting with the administration of a will
- Minimizing the estate, gift, income and capital gains taxes that may be triggered at death
- Implement planning that can minimize exposure from judgments, lawsuits or divorce
In addition to our estate planning services, we also help your family with the probate process if you have lost a loved one recently. We will help you comply with the various requirements in place in Illinois to ensure that the process is carried out in a timely manner.